Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie

What you need:
3/4 C. granulated sugar
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz) Pure Pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) Evaporate Milk
1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie shell
Whipped cream (optional)

Mix the sugar cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves in a small bowl
Beat eggs in a large bowl, stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
Gradually stir in evaporate milk.

Pour into pie shell.Bake in preheated, 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. (I baked the pie on a cookie sheet to avoid spills and make it easier to remove from the oven)
Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.
Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.

I'm teaching a Thanksgiving survival class at Jenny Craig today and made this pie recipe to share, I actually used the Jenny modifications for this pie (non-fat evap. milk, etc.) and I also made two pies, one to take with me and one for Mr. Murphy and I to enjoy. We loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment