Thursday, March 17, 2011

Crispy Hashbrowns

If you know me then you know, I'm a potato girl. I love them in all shapes and forms. Mashed, fried, baked, french fries, covered in cheese. Basically any way you can prepare a potato I love it. This morning I was just craving hash browns so I decided I'd try to make some.


They are so easy. All you need is butter, salt, pepper, about 4-5 potatoes, and an onion.

Melt 3 Tablespoons of butter on medium low heat. While the butter is melting peel and grate your potato's with a cheese shredder and blot dry with a paper towel. Chop about 1/2 cup of onion and combine with your potatoes. Then add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a pinch of pepper (maybe about 1/8 teaspoon). Once you combine your ingredients put them in the melted butter and cook until a crispy golden brown flipping large portions of the potato with a large pancake spatula.

Mmm. We devoured ours with scrambled eggs and toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment